Sunday, August 17, 2014

Going to my first Paint-Out Party


Next Saturday, August 23rd, I'm participating in a paint out and party at Villa Catalana Cellars, aka Rare Plant Research for plant-o-philes. I think there are going to be 8-10 artists there from the greater Portland area, and we'll either be engaged in paint-flinging brush fights for the prime locations, or peacefully painting the picturesque buildings, plantings, and gorgeous views out on the grounds. There's no other place like this in this area—it's as if you've space-warped to a Mediterranean clime, just for an evening.


The party will feature a jazz trio, catered dinner items, and wines from Villa Catalana Cellars. The cover charge is $10/person and you can sign up on the Villa Catalana website all this week. Reservations are required. The weather is supposed to be sunny and warm with a light breeze from the northeast. The party starts at 5:30 and runs till 9pm. The artworks will be for sale, and you'll have plenty of time to watch the artists, find your favorite place to sip a glass of wine, and enjoy the music and some food. There's plenty of parking and the directions are on the website. If you've never been out there, I can tell you it's a FABULOUS place for sunset viewing.

If you can make it, please look for me and say hi. I've already staked out the places I hope to work from, so we'll see how lucky I get. I think that painting as the sun goes down is going to be a real treat.

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment